Thursday, November 22, 2012

An Erupting Update!!!

How lucky are you guys!  A month with nothing and now 2 posts in one week lol.  This isn't going to be a long post its just a bit of an update on something I thought you all might be interested in.

For the many of you who follow me - FB, Twitter, Blogger - and keep up with my statuses, you know that bi-weekly I have been  guest blogging for a site called I Walk 4 Love and, for the past 5 weeks I have been doing a Post Card Series - click link if you need to catch up or a first time reader. 

My most resent postcard ( last week) was about the Tongariro Crossing in New Zealand and my adventure crossing it.  Well, this week it erupted.  After its first rumbles in over a century this past August it has decided to rumble again and has erupted (either Tuesday or Wednesday) while, not only hiker were making there way up and over the crossing but a group of school children as well.  Read article here.

There are some video's up on YouTube so I thought I would share one with you.


 
I remember passing those Active Volcanic Hazard Zone signs; we pointed at them making nervous jokes while deep down inside hoping that the volcano would stay asleep during our hike. I remember trying to imagine what would happen if it had erupted while we were there, if we would be safe, if we would have to run fast.  Lucky for me the only thing I had to worry about was the Devils Staircase.
 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment