Friday, December 14, 2012

Lemonade

My boss doesn't usually do the schedule until Sunday night (last minute convenience), but I am always in Monday's at 12 so I just get my schedule when I go into work.  At the end of my shift on Thursday I said "see you Monday at 12"  and he said "I'm not sure yet I will text you Sunday," - knowing that I would be in on Monday as he has said this before only to text me saying "you're in Monday at 12."  This week however, was a different message "hi it's me.  I have old staff back from Spain and have to give her priority.  I have no shifts for you."  ???  That was it, nothing more.   This was the girl I replaced, I have been there 2 months,  covered all the shifts he needs covered and been there to take the shifts when someone quits.   I'm always willing to work,  dont ask for days off (only for my trip) and never say "I can't work" when someone else can't make it or quits and he gives me the hours.  He basically only keeps for his advantage and when it's good for him.  He gave me no shifts but the new girl (who has been there 2 weeks) got shifts this week!  I'm just wondering and correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't I be "prioritized" over the new girl?  How can he give old staff hours -  who quit, I might add - and just say to me "sorry she has priority over you?"  Makes no sense. 

Oh well; when life throws you lemons you just have to make some lemonade.  I texted him back "ok see you next year,"  and have quite enjoyed a week off packing, christmas shopping, girls days, yoga - see I got thrown a lemon and made some nice lemonade :) lol.  Besides,  I have worked for way worse people then him, he really isn't that bad,  just a little confused on where is "priorities" are.  Yes, not working really screwed my cash situation but really, what is the point of me getting all worked up and giving myself for an anxiety attack for a situation I knew wouldn't change.  No point.

Tonight I am going to my "Yoga Christmas Party."  The studio is holding a party for all us yogi's,  everything is free...yes even the drinks...so I thought I would check it out (not because of the free drinks),  but for something to do as my social circle involves, Dan,  my friend Eve and heaps of movies and tv shows on my hard drive lol.  It will be nice to get out for a few hours.  Then only two days until I head to Greece to meet up with my parents.

I leave here just after midnight on Sunday.  A 3.5 hour bus journey to Gatwick, and then 4 hours till my flight and I am on my way.   You would think wiht just a few more days I would be more excited...I don't think the fact that I am seeing my parents has sunk in yet lol.

3 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment